- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B0010DZZS8
- Item model number: FCF10141
Price : $14.28
Amazon.com Product Description
The FRAM Fresh Breeze cabin air filter is an easy to install air filter that both filters and deodorizes the air drawn into your vehicle, as well as improves available airflow critical to the efficient workings of air conditioning and heating systems. Designed utilizing the first of its kind mix of active carbon and baking soda woven into the fibers of the filter, it has the ability to remove up to 98% of contaminants that drivers, passengers and vehicle air ducts are exposed to, while also providing twice the protection against commonly occurring odors than other cabin air filters.
What is a Cabin Air Filter?
Not nearly as well-known as familiar oil and standard air filters, many drivers may never even have heard of a cabin air filter. Usually located either inside the passenger compartment near the glove compartment, or under the hood near the windshield, they are used to filter air drawn into your car from the outside for the comfort of passengers, as well as for use by air conditioning and heating systems. They are designed to minimize particles both large and small, as well as allergens and other contaminants and are used in approximately 80% of the vehicles built since the 2000 model year. It is recommended that they be replaced on either an annual basis, or every 15,000 miles. Like any other automotive filter, neglecting to do this can lead to possible risks to your vehicle and/or passengers, in this case including impeded performance of your heating or air conditioning systems by limiting the flow of fresh clean air used by those systems, as well as possible corrosion inside the system and musty or even noxious air vented throughout the vehicle.
Unique Carbon/Baking Powder Technology
The FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter utilizes a unique technology that combines the natural filtering properties of activated carbon and the renowned deodorizing properties of Arm ; Hammer baking soda. Infused together within the filter's folds this allows for the removal of 98% of road dust and road pollen that your vehicle's air circulation system takes in. In addition, this combination also allows for superior protection against odors drawn from outside sources, providing twice the ability to deodorize common odors compared to filters not treated with carbon and baking soda.
- Premium Efficiency - Filters 98% of road dust and road pollen dramatically improving in-vehicle air quality
- Improved Air Flow - Periodic replacing of cabin air filters improves air intake air flow used in heating and air conditioning systems
- Odor Absorption - The FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter packs twice the ability to deodorize common odors drawn from outside sources compared to filters not treated with carbon and baking soda
- Fresh Essence - The FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter removes the reoccurring musty smell that can develop in air conditioning and heating systems
- Easy to Install - Installs quickly and easily in most cars in minutes with minimal, or even no tools, depending on car model
FRAM filters are warranted against defects in design, materials and workmanship. New vehicle warranties remain in effect when FRAM filters are installed according to directions on FRAM filter packaging and replaced at least as often as vehicle manufacturer's recommended change intervals.
Today FRAM is known as America's number one oil filter brand, and the FRAM team continues to manufacture and market a variety of quality oil, air and fuel filters, as well as many automotive accessories such as PCV valves, crankcase filters and transmission modulators.
Road dust and pollen particles ranging in size from 5-100 microns.
Outside air flowing through the vehicle's ventilation system can expose passengers to road dust and pollen. FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filters can filter 98% of these contaminants (particles ranging from 5-100 microns). Each FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter contains Arm ; Hammer backing soda and carbon which are embedded into the filter to absorb odors and freshen the air.
- Filters up to 98% of road dust and road pollen dramatically improving in-vehicle air quality
- Periodic replacing of cabin air filter improves air intake air flow used in heating and air conditioning systems
- Packs twice the ability to deodorize common odors drawn from outside sources compared to filters not treated with carbon and baking soda
- Removes the reoccurring musty smell that can develop in air conditioning and heating systems
- Installs quickly and easily in most cars in minutes with minimal, or even no tools, depending on car model
I bought this filter for a 2007 Saturn Vue. The filter was a good price for a carbon medium filter. The filter clipped right into place and the edges were sturdier than the original filter. It was a little smaller than the original filter leaving a small gap between the top of the filter and the top of the housing. I don't believe this is a problem since it doesn't look like air can get around the filter because of the way the housing is designed. I have bought other Fram cabin filters for other vehicles and they also didn't have an exact fit. For the price it will do the job just fine.
I used this as a replacement in my 2008 Chevy Equinox. The dealer charges $52.00 to replace it. It's a lot cheaper to do it yourself!